Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wow, time sure does speed up this time of year.

I have so many things going right now. The Pickled Pepper Patch has me busy with all of her absolutely wonderful crafty ideas. So far I've made two servers that she gave tutorials on. I've also made SIX batches of her Pumpkin Bread because my family loves it so much. Four loaves went to family and friends with an index card on top with the recipe and of course a nice homespun bow to keep the card attached. Now, my son wants a loaf to take to school tomorrow to share with his German class so I have to make that! I've had a blast making it and my house has smelled sooooo good all day. My nephew informed me that it was the best bread in the world and he needs one all to himself. Yes,I sent him home a loaf but he does have to share with his family.

I have a few more crafty ideas that I've taken from others blogs that I'll be making later this week. Sometimes I follow their instructions to a T but others I like to put my own stamp on it to make it more mine. I'm hoping to get a picture made after I get all the crafts done and do a tribute page to all that helped inspire me. This is going to be a homemade Christmas and I'm so excited to get things out to people.

I've hand drawn some samplers on extra material and I embroidery them. Most so far have been primitive samplers but I'm thinking of doing some more lacy cottage type things too. I save money on patterns because so far I've been free hand drawing them and it's a lot of fun. I've got two that are saltbox house farm scenes that say: Friends and Family Gather Here and I have personalized them to fit in with it's new home. (Usually with family names) I plan on using scrap book paper to mat them with and cheap frames that I find at Goodwill or Flea Markets. Can you tell I'm excited. OOOOOps, gotta check the pumpkin bread. Have a great night ya'll

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hello Dena, nice to meet you. We live in Franklin, NC. Not too far from you. I have a daughter in Knoxville and a son in Greeneville, TN.

Your pumpkin bread marathon sounds yummy. I make it too and my family just loves it. The holidays are upon us and pretty soon we won't have a minute with all the preparation needing to be done. I love this time of year.

Hugs...Jeanne

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

OK I'm beginning to smell your bread. Sounds wonderful, and I am looking forward to seeing your samplers and other crafts. Pictures say a thousand words, but you have said it well. Your family is fortunate to be receiving your handmade gifts for the holidays.

Hugs, Carrie

Big Toe Mom said...

did you put in any Chocolate chips?? i need to bake some today. ( & did you adjust the recipe you found or what, i am curious)
i love the sampler ideas. they are so pretty. i need another wall.! lol!