
Please welcome the latest addition to our family.......Chewbacca,our six week old, 8oz long haired Chihuahua that has the sweetest disposition of any dog/puppy I've ever met. His parents were both under 5lbs each so he's going to be a tiny lil' guy. He's very well behaved, especially for a puppy. He has even learned his potty manners for inside the house!!! I have been amazed with that. I'm such an OCD clean freak I knew I would have trouble with potty training issues so I'm so impressed by this lil' guy. I think God must have sent him to us because he's so laid back, very clean and LOVES the kids. Chewbacca is even great with my soon-to-be five year old who is autistic. Cayden has been very soothed lately with animals and Chewbacca is no exception. Whoever said Chihuahua's aren't good with children must not have gotten one this young or had one raised with children because I couldnt ask for a sweeter dog.
We had to go to a wedding reception/outdoor BBQ the day we got him so of course he had to tag along. We had left him in the car in his lil' bed until we saw another guest (member of the family) get out their small dog, so off to the car to get Chewbacca went my husband. There were probably about 15 kids there and Chewy was passed around thru all of them and loving ever minute of it. His little tail couldnt have wagged faster! He never even shivered or acted scared one time!!!
This is a stuffed animal that came off a baby mobile, shows you just how tiny he is:

Now,having said all this, now let me explain that I am truly a cat lover, always have been. I don't like small yappy dogs and never cared for inside dogs....too much work. Can you believe I have just fallen in love with this lil guy?!? The only complaint I have so far is that the lil' guy is the very definition of the word baby. He wants to be swaddled.......and he up all night and wants to sleep/nap too much during the day. We'll get that turned around eventually. Oh, and just to add, my princess of a cat who tolerates no dogs and has only gotten attached to one other cat is actually tolerating Chewbacca. I'm thinking love will eventually bloom!


5 comments:
Oh I just love your server!!!!...glad you enjoyed the tutorial enough to create one for yourself!....I love the puppy!...he almost looks like a webkin he is so small!...just adorable!
Your little puppy looks so precious...it's amazing how attached we can become. I also noticed you live near Smokey Mtn.
My daughter attends Maryville College...is that close to you.
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Kathy
Wow...just 9 miles away....we haven't gotten down to see her since moving her in...Jessica has came home a couple of times. If you happen to shop at the newer Kroger out past the school...she works there on weekends....you might have seen her. She works in the produce section.
Blessings,
Kathy
I have a 8 year old (tiny toy)chihuahua myself! He is my baby and is so cute! I can't walk by him without telling him how cute he is! Your puppy is just adorable!
Robin~♥
Awwwwwwwwwwww... what a cutie pie... he looks so cozy in that basket. I am sure he will be well taken care of...
The Gathering... well, actually I have never done the show before. I had to get juried to be able to be able to attend. All I have heard are good things... primitives of course are big at this show, I hope to do well... with the drive & so. Would love to see you there... hunt me up.
Thank you for stopping in to visit with me... glad you came.
Blessings 2 you on this AuTuMn DaY, Pamela
Post a Comment