My rocker project: pic taken from Craigslist.

I bought a new rocker that I plan to do a little tweaking to. I found it on Craigslist for 15.00! Its old and grungy, but she's going to be black soon. Im keeping the seat wood and painting the rest. I love it because its low to the ground. Wont she look good with a quilt draped over the back?! Anyway, this find prompted me to buy black spray paint. There are a few items already in the house that I've been meaning to spray so ....... I went crazy. I have some crocks and frames that needed to be black and they look great!
My freehand crow stichery with the lamp I made on antique sewing mahine:

I got my first stichery finished and framed. My matting is a little crooked but I think that adds to the primitive charm (lol). I've been freehand drawing my patterns and so far doing ok. Im definitely improving and learning as I go. I thought Id share a few more pics from around my house and of a couple of my projects.

Homemade signs n' stuff:

My next project will be painting my little ones dresser and chest of drawers. Eventually I'll paint their antique beds too. Right now my two oldest are using them in different bedrooms but eventually the little one will take over and theyll be in the same room. Big brother gets a new bed. The coolest thing about these beds is that my greatgrandmother made them during WWII while working in a factory in Knoxville,TN. I love having a piece of family history like that. When Ive completed those projects I'll post.


No comments:
Post a Comment