Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random Thoughts.......

10 Random thoughts, I want to hear yours.......... mine are;


My face hurts and I'm nauseated, appropriate feelings for such a day.

The trees are finally beautiful. Fall came late and very cold this year.

Cold means pain, even in worlds that aren't my own we equate warmth with comfort.

I'll pray for Obama but I can't see myself standing behind this president. I'll pray my heart changes where this is concerned.

I'm having a hard time being proud of my country. I've never felt that way before.

Does retreating and digressing have the same or similar meanings?

I want more for my children than what they're getting and more for them in the future than I know they'll get. I want them to have a childhood somewhat like mine but better.....I want them to have a childhood worthy of children. I want them to be called out by a neighbor for their ball hitting the side of her house because it means that my neighbor cares and is communicating, it means my children were playing ball. I want them to know what it's like to get muddy and dirty playing in the rain. It's ok to go in public with their hair messy,their clothes a lil dirty and sweaty because they were outside playing right before leaving the house...and that's a good thing.

I want them to know that everyday in school their day will begin with the Pledge and a prayer. They will bow their heads to pray and so will their friends. The prayer will be out loud and not a moment of deafening silence that only serves to give them time to reflect that they're not hearing their God's name mentioned.

I wish I had been a stronger person during my oldest child's life to stand up for the simple things.

I am proud that I taught my oldest to think out loud and to "own" the thoughts and ideas you have.....good or bad.

2 comments:

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Dena...yesterday was a very disappointing day for us also...now I will continue to lift up our nation and leaders in prayer...praying for protection for our nation...and eyes will be open when decisions are to be made.

Hope your feeling much better today!

Blessings,
Kathy

Dena said...

Kathy that's a great way to look at it. Time to move on and face the consequences huh? Hope you're having a great day!